Latest modification, designed for winterization of residential buildings and constructions, industrial enterprises and various other surfaces in winter conditions.
Warning! The material should be applied at the ambient temperature from -30˚С to +35˚С.
At temperature over +7˚С the application of PROTERM® FACADE is recommended.
This coating is designed for application on various surfaces, operating in conditions of low temperatures. The material acts as a heat-insulating material, retaining heat indoors; as a waterproofing material, preventing the penetration of moisture in cracks and fissures; and as façade paint, covering walls with smooth vapor-permeable layer. This modification of PROTERM® coating is designed specifically for concrete surfaces: its viscous consistency is easily applied on vertical walls. The dried layer of this heat-insulating material forms a solid polymer coating on walls of a building.
Apart from its energy-saving properties, PROTERM® NORD combines waterproof properties with a polar opposite quality – its polymerized surface can «breathe», i.e. it is vapor-permeable, like the high-quality silicon-based facade paints.
The walls, treated with energy-saving coating PROTERM® NORD, in cold season provide the heat retention by 30-40% higher than before the coating application and almost don’t get heated in hot weather, as the coating can reflect up to 90% of solar radiation.
The application of energy-saving coating PROTERM® allows achieving several goals at once:
• possibility of using the coating along the whole outdoor perimeter of a building;
• reducing labor, time and financial costs for construction and repair works performance;
• keeping the initial load on building structures unchanged;
• optimization of temperature conditions inside the building;
• possibility of using the coating on complex-structured facades and preserving the historical appearance of buildings.
Energy-saving coatings PROTERM® can be applied with painter’s tools or with airless sprayers.
Methods of application:
• Pneumatic method – the pressure is 1.5 – 3.5 atm;
• Airless method – the pressure is 80-110 bar, nozzle diameter (inches) – 0.013 0.015, 0.017;
• Spray angle is 20, 30, 40 depending on the shape of the surface to be coated;
• During application a smooth wet layer without gaps, drips, shagreen or other defects should be formed.
Main parameters of application:
• The material is applied at ambient temperature: from -30˚С to +35˚С and atmosphere relative humidity not above 80 %;
• Do not apply the coating on damp surface and at wind velocity over 10 m/sec;
• The coating is applied on surfaces with temperature: from -30˚С to +35˚С, the temperature of the surface to be coated should be 5˚С higher than the dew point temperature;
• Recommended wet layer thickness: 0.5 mm – 1.0 mm;
• Recoating interval at tв= +20˚С: 4 hours;
• Theoretical material consumption: 1.2-1.5 l/m2; 0.5-0.7 kg/m2 – at 1 mm thick layer;
• Basic color of coating — white, RAL coloring is acceptable;
• Solvent — ortoxylene;
After drying the coating layer operates within the temperature range: from -60˚С to +200˚С;
Transport conditions: from -30˚С to +30˚С.
Material PROTERM® NORD should be stored in closed explosion-protected, non-incendive areas.
The product is packed in air-tight metal containers of 3, 10 and 20 liters.
The storage time of the packed material while maintaining all conditions is at least 12 months.