Heat insulation of structures with operation temperature +400˚С and short peak loads up to +600˚С*.
Warning! The material should be applied only on surfaces with the temperature from -30˚С to +35˚С.
This modification of PROTERM® can be a perfect solution for heat insulation of hot water pipelines, boilers, steam pipelines, cooling systems, tanks, reservoirs, metal structures, as well as energy industry facilities with operation temperature up to +400˚С.
The dried layer of this heat-insulating material forms a solid polymer coating on a surface.
The application of heat-insulating coating PROTERM® 600 allows achieving several goals at once:
• possibility of using the coating on almost any surfaces;
• preventing heat injuries of the personnel;
• reducing labor, time and financial costs for construction and repair works performance;
• keeping the initial load on building structures unchanged;
• optimization of temperature conditions;
• possibility of using the coating on complex-structured surfaces.
Energy-saving coatings PROTERM® can be applied with painter’s tools or with airless sprayers.
Methods of application:
• Pneumatic method – the pressure is 1.5 – 2.5 atm;
• Airless method – the pressure is 80-110 bar, nozzle diameter (inches) – 0.013, 0.015, 0.017;
• Spray angle is 20, 30, 40 depending on the shape of the surface to be coated;
• During application a smooth wet layer without gaps, drips, shagreen or other defects should be formed.
Main parameters of application:
• The material is applied at ambient temperature: from -30˚С to +35˚С and atmosphere relative humidity not above 80 %;
• Do not apply the coating on damp surface and at wind velocity over 10 m/sec;
• The coating is applied on surfaces with temperature: from -30˚С to +35˚С, the temperature of the surface to be coated should be 5˚С higher than the dew point temperature;
• Recommended wet layer thickness: 0.5 mm – 1.0 mm;
• Recoating interval at tв= +20˚С: 2 – 4 hours;
• Theoretical material consumption: 1.2-1.5 l/m2; 0.5-0.7 kg/ m2 – at 1 mm thick layer;
• Basic color of coating — gray;
• Solvent — ortoxylene;
• After drying the coating layer operates within the temperature range: from -60˚С to +400˚С, short peak loads up to +600˚С;
• Transport conditions: from -30˚С to +30˚С.
Material PROTERM® 600 should be stored in closed explosion-protected, non-incendive areas.
The product is packed in air-tight metal containers of 3, 10 and 20 liters.
The storage time of the packed material while maintaining all conditions is at least 12 months.