Why use Modular?
Why use modular buildings?
Modular buildings are not what you might think they are. An Maks Company modular solution offers huge flexibility allowing ease of expansion as your business grows and develops. Additional modules can be added in any configuration – outwards or upwards.
The Maks Company modular product range is developed utilising a synthesis of quality materials and sound design concepts. The smallest details are often taken for granted however emphasis on quality, tactility and functionality means that the Maks Company modular solution is equal to or surpasses most other designs, whilst remaining cost effective.
With an Maks Company modular building you benefit from:
Cost certainty – cost effectiveness coupled with financial transparency and no hidden costs
Service – you can have a turn key solution providing everything from start to finish including a whole host of value added services (VAS) for both your Maks Company building and existing facilities
- Programme – rapid deployment, installation and practical completion compared with traditional systems
- Minimal disruption – the disruption to your business during the installation and duration of the site works is minimal
- Flexibility – your building can grow and adapt over time to suit the needs of your business
- Quality – comparable or improved quality compared with traditional systems
- Sustainability – environmentally considerate with reduced life cycle costing
- Longevity – In excess of 60 year design life verified by external consultants
- Warranty – ongoing commitment through market leading warranties for peace of mind
Do you need Planning Permission?
- You require planning permission if your modular building is on site for more than 28 days.
Is your modular building exempt from Building Regulations?
Your building is exempt if it’s…
- a temporary building not on site for more than 28 days
- a site sales office not containing sleeping accommodation
- a construction site office not containing sleeping accommodation
- a single storey building <30m2 floor area and >1m from the site boundary
Typical programme example:
Take a typical 100 person Progress® office, without any particularly difficult site enabling works on a greenfield site. After placement of the order, a traditional contractor might take 2 weeks to mobilise and a further 50 weeks to build. A total of 52 weeks. A modular building would typically take 2 weeks to complete detailed design and then 4 weeks to procure and manufacture the modules in the factory during which time enabling works and foundations can be constructed.
Installing the modules will typically take 2 weeks and then site finishing and external works might take a further 6 weeks depending on the complexity. A total of 14 weeks is significantly less than a traditional build. Where the site is more complicated and where phasing and decant is required, volumetric buildings offer the advantage of a vastly improved programme with the equivilent to or better quality of finish.
Buildings can be further enhanced with the inclusion of a whole range of additional options and features designed to optimise your environment. These can include large glazing, eco friendly options, canopies, kitchens, sun screens, etc as well as the ability to personalise your building with vinyl wraps allowing it to stand out or blend into the surrounding environment.
FSC® & PEFC
Did you know that Maks Company is the first and only current supplier to be awarded FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council) and PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) chain of custody on its Building Regulations compliant rentable modular buildings?
This innovative concept of applying FSC® certification to an entire rentable fleet offers Maks Company customers a guarantee that all wood based products have been derived from a well-managed source or from post-consumer waste.